First Baptist Shreveport Chinese Mission
The 2022 Fall Chinese school sponsored by First Baptist Shreveport Chinese Mission will start on September 11.
|Purpose:||The Chinese School is a part of FBC’s ministries. We want to provide an opportunity for children in our community to learn Chinese and explore Chinese cultures. We welcome parents and children to visit our Chinese church services, Bible Studies, love feasts, and holiday celebrations to experience the different aspects of Chinese life in Shreveport.|
|Curriculum:||Customized teaching materials are provided for different-level Classes.|
|Time:||Sunday 2:00pm-4:00 pm.|
|Location:||First Baptist Church Shreveport.|
|Classes:||Three Children Classes|
|Students need to be 5yrs old or older before the first day of class. A minimum number of 8 students is required to start a class. The maximum number of students in each class is 20.|
|Class I:||Entry-level students|
|Class II:||Students with some Chinese language knowledge|
|Class III:||Students with advanced Chinese language knowledge|
|1. AFTA Program’s non-refundable registration fee is $40.00 per semester. The maximum registration fee for a family with more than two students is $70 per semester.
2. The Chinese School tuition is $160.00 per semester, including the class fee of $10.00 per semester.
3. Families with more than two children will be granted a multi-child discount listed in our fee table below.
4. A late fee of $20 will be applied to registrations after August 31, 2022. The Deadline for registration is January 16, 2022.
|No. of students||Before August 31, 2022||after August 31, 2022|
|Payment:||· Both payments need to be paid in full to finish the registration process.
· We accept cash, check, credit cards, or PayPal. There will be a $5.00 processing fee when you use PayPal.
· Make checks payable to Academy for the Arts (or AFTA). Please write students’ names and “Chinese School” on your checks.
The Chinese School is a part of FBC’s ministries. To help students learn Chinese and Chinese cultures, we encourage parents and students to visit our Chinese church services, Bible Studies, love feasts, and holiday celebrations.
Please fill out your Registration Form, Medical and Liability Release Form online （https://aftafbcs.org/chinese/）and submit payments as directed.
First Baptist Shreveport Chinese School Class Rules
- Our teachers work hard to create a safe and nurturing learning environment for each child. We will contact parents/guardians in all matters pertaining to the inappropriate behavior of students.
- First Baptist Church Shreveport provides us the classrooms. We need to keep them clean and return all furniture, equipment and other church properties to where they are before we move them. All the students are not allowed to play the pianos inside classrooms without permission.
- Drop-off and Pick-up:
Doors for Drop-Off open at 1:50 pm. Parents need to walk in with kids, sign them in, and leave a phone number for emergy-contact purposes.
Doors for Pick-Up open at 4:05 pm. Parents need to come in with the Claim Check to sign out their kids. Parents can contact teachers at any time for class assignments or homework if the student is absent. The tuition is non-refundable once the class starts.
- We encourage parents to join the group message of their kids’ class. It could be GroupMe, Wechat, or E-mail. Our school and teachers will send out important information and notice through these social media.
- Parents consent and authorize FBS Chinese Mission to use their children’s photographs, video and any other digital media in all its publications.
I have read and fully understand the class rules above. By my signature below, I agree to follow all the terms.
2022 Fall FBC Chinese School Calendar
|1||9/11/2022||Class||First day of school|
|10/9/2022||No Class||Fall Break|
|11||12/18/2022||Class||Last day of School|