First Baptist Shreveport Chinese Mission
2019 FALL Chinese Class
The 2019 Fall Chinese class will start on August 18th sponsored by First Baptist Shreveport Chinese Mission.
Purpose: Popularize Chinese, service the community and spread the gospel.
Three Children Classes: Students need to be 5yrs old before the first day of class. The First Class will be for entry-level students, the Second Class will be for students with basic Language skills, the Third Class will be for students with advance Language skills. There will be a minimum 8 students to start a class. The maximum students for a class will be 20.
One Adult Class: Students need to be 18yrs old before the first day of class. There will be a minimum 4 students to start a class. The maximum students for a Class will be 10. We will enroll students with First Come First Serve policy and have a waiting list.
Curriculum: Chinese Language/cultures and worship songs.
Cost: Both payments need to be paid in full to finish the registration process, we accept cash, check, or PayPal. Make checks payable to Academy for the Arts/AFTA. Please specify the students’ name and put” Chinese Class” for the memo. There will be a $5.00 fee associated with PayPal.
- A onetime AFTA Program fee of $40.00, due each semester, helps to cover costs associated with administration. Families will pay a maximum of $70 per semester.
- The tuition is $ 120.00 per student each semester. Total of 14 classes.
- The Class Fee is $10.00 a semester.
Time: Sunday 1:30 pm-3:00 pm
Location: First Baptist Church Shreveport. The Chinese class is one of the church’s ministries. The First enrollment will be open to return students. The Second enrollment will be open to church members and whoever is interested joining the Chinese sermon or Sunday school. The Third enrollment will be for newcomers and late deciders. The Second enrollment period will start on June 1st. The Third period will start on July 1st . We are not equipped with certified nurses or doctors on site. We ask that at least one guardian per family stay in the church parlor in case of an emergency. We will have Parent Gathering with light refreshments during class. To expose students to a Chinese environment, we strongly advise parents to join our Chinese Sermon, Bible Study and love feast. Children Sunday school is provided during the sermon. Please fill out your Registration Form, Medical and Liability Release Form online and submit payments as directed.
First Baptist Shreveport Chinese Mission Class Rules
- We are not equipped with certified nurses or doctors on site. We ask that at least one guardian per family stay in the church parlor in case of an emergency. Please pick up your child promptly when he has physical discomfort.
- The Chinese Teachers are working hard to make the Class enjoyable and fun. If your child is removed from the class for disruption, he will be immediately brought to you. If there are three dismissals, he will be suspended for that semester.
- The classrooms are sponsored by the First Baptist Church Shreveport. It is the obligation of all the students and parents to clean up those rooms and return all the settings after use. All the students are not allowed to use pianos or any church properties unless be instructed by someone in authorities.
- Parents, when dropping off your child for class please sign them in on the Attendance Roster. Only picking up your children with the pick-up tags given out during the registration process as well as signing your child out on the Attendance Roster before leaving. Parents please contact your teacher 24hrs in advance if the student will be absent, so that the teacher can plan a better teaching guideline according to the right ratio. The tuition is non-refundable once the class start.
- Please check for GroupMe and E-mails on a regular basis. Director/ Chinese teachers will send out extra studying materials and communication Festival details accordingly.
- Parents will help committing the students to the Brief Language Assessment before the First Class and honor the results. Students will be re-evaluated during classes. Class Adjustments and Transfers will be made only after Mid-Term Exam each semester.
- Parents consent and authorize FBS Chinese Mission to use theirs and their children’s photographs, video and any other digital media in all its publications.
I have read and fully understand the class rules above. By my signature below, I agree to follow all the terms.
February: Chinese New Year/Dumpling Party
March: Aseana Festival
May: Mother’s Day
July: Soap up Highland
August: Blueberry Farm
September: Mid-Autumn/Moon Festival BBQ Party
October: Aseana Festival
November: Holiday in South Highland
December: Graduation, Christmas Party