First Baptist Shreveport Chinese Mission
The 2021 Fall Chinese school will start on Sep 12th sponsored by First Baptist Shreveport Chinese Mission.
|Purpose:||Provide an opportunity for students in our community to learn Chinese and explore Chinese cultures.|
|Curriculum:||Customized teaching materials are provided for different-level Classes.|
|Time:||Sunday 2:00pm-4:00 pm.|
|Location:||First Baptist Church Shreveport.|
|Classes:||Three Children Classes|
|Students need to be 5yrs old or older before the first day of class. A minimum number of 8 students is required to start a class. The maximum number of students in each class is 20.|
|Class I:||entry-level students|
|Class II:||entry-level students|
|Class III:||students with basic Language skills|
|1. AFTA Program registration fee is $ 40.00 per semester. Families will pay a maximum of $70 per semester for more than one child.
2. The Chinese School tuition is $ 160.00 per semester, including the class fee of $10.00 per semester.
|Payment:||· Both payments need to be paid in full to finish the registration process.
· We accept Cash, check, credit cards, or PayPal. There will be a $5.00 processing fee when you use PayPal.
· Make checks payable to Academy for the Arts (or AFTA). Please write students’ names and “Chinese School” on your checks.
The Chinese School is a part of FBC’s ministries. To help students learn Chinese and Chinese cultures, we encourage parents and students to visit our Chinese church services, Bible Studies, love feasts, and holiday celebrations.
First Baptist Shreveport Chinese School Class Rules
- Our teachers work hard to create a safe and nurturing learning environment for each child. We will contact parents/guardians in all matters pertaining to the inappropriate behavior of students.
- First Baptist Church Shreveport provides us the classrooms. We need to keep them clean and return all furniture, equipment and other church properties to where they are before we move them. All the students are not allowed to play the pianos inside classrooms without permission.
- Drop-off and Pick-up:
Doors for Drop-Off open at 1:50 pm. Parents need to walk in with kids, sign them in, and leave a phone number for emergy-contact purposes.
Doors for Pick-Up open at 4:05 pm. Parents need to come in with the Claim Check to sign out their kids. Parents can contact teachers at any time for class assignments or homework if the student is absent. The tuition is non-refundable once the class starts.
- We encourage parents to join the group message of their kids’ class. It could be GroupMe, Wechat, or E-mail. Our school and teachers will send out important information and notice through these social media.
- Parents consent and authorize FBS Chinese Mission to use their children’s photographs, video and any other digital media in all its publications.
I have read and fully understand the class rules above. By my signature below, I agree to follow all the terms.
(09/12 – 12/12)
Please Sign up before August 22 to secure your place without a late fee. The Deadline for registration is September 5. If you choose to pay in person, please pay on the first day of school.
|No. of students||Before August 22, 2021||after August 22, 2021|
|1 student||$ 200||$ 220|
|2 students||$ 380||$ 400|
|3 students||$ 560||$ 580|
- Make checks payable to Academy for the Arts (or AFTA).
- Please write in memo: Student’s Name (Chinese School).
(There will be a $5.00 processing fee associated with PayPal.)